Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Long Time No See

I know I haven't blogged here in a long time, but I have been using Tumblr and a few other modes of communication. I was going to get rid of this account but I think I'll continue to keep this one for personal uses.

**Edit**
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
this year in 2011 looks like it'll start off on a good note! =D

Updates:
~for xmas i bought myself (with help from the family) a MacBook Pro! YAY! no more crappy laptop!
~ record rainfall in SoCal! it'd be a huge shock if after this season we're still in a drought
~ it snowed enough in LA county and parts of Orange County for it to cause problems! well bad to the problems.. but great to the snow we never get at this elevation!
~ got a new backpack today! YAY! no more looking like a maroon turtle! =D
~ just finished watching Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl with my dad. i forgot so much of the film! glad i watched it again =]
~ spent my first New Years Eve night, not with my parents. kinda weird, but it was a great night!
~ i just made my first sock puppets for my friends' bday/christmas present =D i hope they like em. if not, there are other things with the sock puppets i'm sure they'll enjoy =]
**end of Edit**

These past few weeks I've been remembering things I once loved while at home here in California. I've realized more now than ever that this place is a beautiful place to life.
A place where you can surf at the beach with the sunrise, drive through the city by day, and snowboard down the slopes of the neighboring mountains as the sun sets all in one day.
A place with such beauty as the day itself.
A place where you can drive for hours and see something different every minute (depending on the traffic).
A place where friends and family alike are there to love and support one another through thick and thin.
A place I can always call home.

It's almost hard to believe I'll be leaving it... in 2 days Switzerland will be my home for 6 months.

A new chapter, possibly the most exciting chapter, will unravel within the next 6 months and I'm excited to see how it turns out! Whilst in Europe, I hope to learn more about myself and test myself while on my own. I'm excited for the people I will meet along the way, the places I will see, the history I'll learn, the food I'll have the pleasure of eating, and for the opportunities I'll come across. I hope this turning point in my life will make me a better person, a more mature person, and let go of things in the past and accept more of the future.

I hope to come home a changed person, a totally new me, with more life within, more laughs to share, and more love to give. :)

No comments: