Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

I awoke this morning refreshed and well-rested after a nice long night with friends from the night before. When my mom woke me up as she left to go help my grandpa out, I said "happy birthday mommy." She climbed into bed and snuggled with me for a little while as I remembered earlier days when she use to snuggle with me in the mornings before school. I use to love it when she'd wake me up that way. And even on the days I was grumpy and punched her because I wanted to sleep in more. Man, I sure felt bad for hitting her later on in the day. After she left, I dreaded the fact of getting up, so I lay in bed for a few more minutes, or what seemed like a few minutes, and went downstairs. Not till I heard nothing more than the quiet breathing of the empty house did I realize I was totally alone (that is except for my dog who's running around outside).
It took me a moment to take in the old feeling of being home alone again. I remember in the summer when I had nothing to do but enjoy the sunshine and find something to do and I'd wake up in an empty house. Ready for some voices in the house, I then turned on the TV and tried to find something on the movie channels (HBO/ Encore). Ended up watching Dirty Dancing, Four Weddings and A Funeral, First Knight at the same time. Then P.S. I Love you when my mom came home and part of Bourne Ultimatum. At the same time I made a delicious Lindt chocolate mousse for my mom's birthday. Took some time to prep, but maaan it was sure worth it.
After I packed and got all my shit together, we left for my grandma's house in Whittier. And just as we reach the halfway point, wouldn't you know it, I realize that I left my phone at home on my desk. -.- Wonderful.
On the bright side, dinner was amazing! Dad made a delicious, juicy, flavor-filled lamb and two lobsters. We drank some champagne along with the delicious dinner and afterwards we played with wind-up toys and mom opened up some presents. Oh, and by the way, we started another puzzle. 1000 pieces this time. I'm gonna bring back the 2000 piece puzzle to Amherst! That should be fun. So we finally had the mousse, but maan it sure filled me up fast (couldn't finish it). It was rated "The Best Chocolate Mousse EVER" =] SUCESS!!
So now I'm flipping through channels at my grandma's house blogging. -.- What a dull New Year's Eve. Oh well, maybe I'll get to party next year. But I sure wish I could be at a party right now =[
By the way, that's another thing that I've always hoped for, a kiss. I know corny and cliche, but a New Year's kiss at midnight would be a great way to end a year and begin a new one. =] I've also never been kissed under mistletoe. Someday.. someday =]

oh and an update from the last blog....
I didn't get to meet Jason Mraz... as a matter of fact there wasn't a single hint of him there at the concert =[ SOOO DISAPPOINTED!! but hopefully in 2009 I'll be ble to see him =] and possibly meet him. I look forward to it ;D Oh and in case you didn't know, Lucky (with Colbie Caillat ) is finally out with an MV!!!! ;D check it out!.. it'll be on MTV on the 3rd.. or VH1 .. one or the other AND Jason Mraz is nominated for 3 grammys!! vote for hiM! if you can >.>

No comments: