Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial day eve

So i had quite an exciting day i thought. I got all my chores done and was able to get out the house by 11 45 to run a couple errands and go to my grandparents in whittier. So i thought i was just gonna have dinner w/ my aunt and my grandparents, but come to find out my other aunt (from Oakland) flew down for a couple days, a guy named Guy came with his sister, and a the Stevens (whom i've known my whole life as family friends). We all had quite an intellectual lunch over sandwiches and potato salad. We talked about poltitics, history, religion, art, family, friends, and they all reminisced about school. See Guy and the Stevens were my parents' and my aunts' (aunts on both sides) teachers in high school. It's crazy how they ended up being long time family friends! i mean i had lunch w/ my mom and aunt's art teacher, my dad's teacher, my other aunt's teacher. it was weird. and what surprised me even more was that they all remember SOOOO much from those days. the names they brought up. all the people they knew. all the occurances. Oh and i HAVE to introduce Guy to Sophie! She would love hiM! he's soo interesting.
after that lovely lunch, Ann took me to Santa Monica and we went to Archlight in Hollywood to see Angels and Demons. SOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVED IT! even more so than The Da Vinci Code! =D.... then she wanted to see another movie and we watched Star Trek. haha it was so much better seeing it on the BIG BIG screen. but $29 for two tix PER movie?! goddamn! but it was worth it =] .. afterall it IS Archlight. Oh and we saw an actress that my aunt likes in line for popcorn. dono her name or what she was from.. but i remember her face, that's for sure.
then it took forever for us to find an open place here for dinner. found this japanese place that was pretty good and actually served Mochi Ice Cream!!! woopie! =]
so i'd say today was pretty satisfying.
i reallyy wish someone would make a movie out of the book The Historian! I should do something about that!
This is where i would also complain about my aunt and possibly a couple other things, but i'll save that for later cuz i'm tired and i really just feel like having a good night's rest =]

~*Live. Laugh. Love*~

No comments: